THESE ARE THE CONTESTANTS FOR 2018:
Huntingdon Valley, PA
Preliminary Competition - Friday, October 5, 2018, 7:00 PM
Finals Competition – Saturday, October 6, 2018, 12:30 PM
Do you love to sing?
Do you want a chance to win the Deerfield Township Harvest Festival SingFest?
Open to everyone not just Deerfield Township residents.
• Singing performances only. Soloists only.
• Songs with lyrics considered offensive or inappropriate will be rejected.
• Previous winners are prohibited from competing in the same age category more than once.
Enter the contest by September 20, 3 PM.
It is your responsibility to make sure your entry form and audition song in electronic format ** is submitted as required by date and time requested.
Please see contest entry and participation rules.
Contestants will compete in 3 categories:
Age 4 – 12
Age 13 – 18
Age 19 and over
$100 cash prize to the winner in each category.
ENTRY FORM & CONTEST GUIDELINES
NOTE: All contestants, even if you entered and competed before, must submit the entry form and audition recording.
How to Enter:
Take note contest rules and procedures:
1. ALL AUDITION ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY. It must be an a cappella (no musical accompaniment) recording for the entry round. If you are selected to perform on October 5, in the preliminary show, you will be able to sing your song with recorded music but not for the audition entry. Amateur singers are invited to submit an electronic recording via email singing any song except those with lyrics that the Festival Singfest committee finds unacceptable due to offensive language..
.2. Complete and submit the SingFest contest entry form online.
3. NOTE: All contestants, even if you entered and competed before, must submit the entry form and audition recording. Previous winners are prohibited from competing in the same age category.
4. Submit the electronic file of you singing a song without musical accompaniment to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 PM on September 20. Entry form and recording must be received by that deadline in order to qualify for review by the SingFest Committee.
5. 48 hours after the submission of your entry and music, if you have not received confirmation by email, please call 609-805-4679 to speak with a SingFest committee volunteer.
6. Deerfield Recreation Harvest Fest SingFest Committee will review all entries and select people in each age category to go to the preliminary show, which will take place live at the Harvest Festival on Friday, October 5. The names of those chosen to sing live at the Festival on October 5 will be posted to www.dthf.org by September 22. An email notice will follow to all those chosen to be in the preliminary competition, providing the rules, procedures and schedules for the preliminary competition and for the finals. The information in that notice is available at the bottom of this page.
7. Your preliminary song may be different from your audition recording. The song must be no longer than 3 ½ minutes in length and the instrumental version only.
You must select the song you will perform at the competition in advance, after you have been advised of your acceptance into the preliminary competition. No later than Thursday, September 27, all electronic music files must be submitted no later than 6 PM. This deadline provides our audio director time to review the music files and make sure they work properly as they will be copied to his hard drive for use at the contest in advance of event. This is why songs may not be changed after submission. At the finals, you must sing the same song from the preliminary show.
8. Preliminary judging, on October 5 will be done by independent judges with knowledge of music and entertainment. Only positive comments will be made during the event. No contestant will be criticized in public. 3 finalists in each age category will be selected by the judges to participate in the finals competition on October 6.
Participants will be judged as follows:
a. Vocal performance – voice and tone quality, beat, melody and lyrics.
b. Stage Presence – poise, performance, appearance.
c. Overall performance.
9. Those selected for the preliminary competition must email a 2 or 3 sentence introduction of themselves to email@example.com by September 27. Include name, hometown, school, other experience, future goals, other items of interest.
10. All contestants who are notified that they are in the preliminary round and have complied with all requested materials by the deadline, must report to the back steps of stage at the Festival by 6:30 PM on October 5.
11. Deerfield Township Recreation Committee and SingFest Committee reserve the right to amend the rules and to change dates and procedures as needed. All decisions of the Recreation Committee, SingFest Committee and its judges are final.
FINALS COMPETITION ON October 6
Note that this information is for those who are selected as finalists to appear in the finals competition on Saturday, October 6.
1. The top-three contestants in each category will return for the finals on Saturday, October 6, at the festival at 12:30 PM. They are required to report to the stage by 12 noon.
2. At the finals you must sing the same song you sang for the preliminary competition on Friday night. The song should be no longer than 3 ½ minutes in length.
3. The finals will be judged by the preliminary judges plus a few additional independent judges.
Deerfield Township Recreation Committee and SingFest Committee reserve the right to amend the rules and to change dates and procedures as needed. All decisions of the Recreation Committee, SingFest Committee and its judges are final.
For more information:
Call: 609-805-4679 (Linda)
2017 Harvest Festival SingFest Winners